Friday, February 08, 2008

Some pictures

Ok. So I've been going a bit crazy with the posts lately. It's mostly due to the fact that my work tasks are few and far between. I'm mostly here as a point of contact and reference for the departments and since they are so small, there aren't many contacts happening during the day. Anyway, I finally took a picture (or Reuben did) of our new dining room chandelier. I didn't blog about it earlier because I didn't have a picture to go with it.


The chandelier that came with the house was original (ie. circa 1982). A small gold and glass wonder of ugliness. It was attached close to the ceiling and didn't stimulate any sense of romance, which a dining room should be able to evoke because there are times when the evening meal needs ambiance. So we were wandering around Home Depot last month and came across this beauty in the clearance section. I was getting impatient while Reuben browsed when I stumbled across it. I looked at it twice, glanced at Reuben and said "hmm... I kind of like this" and then he says, consideringly "I kind of like it too". It was very much on sale so we decided to snatch it up. The next night, Reuben had it affixed to the ceiling and dangling at the perfect height. We've been enjoying it immensely since. Especially everytime we pause to remember what used to be there!

This is the curtain that my sister, Karin, miraculously whipped up in a matter of an hour a couple of weekends ago. The fabric choice is just temporary since we don't know yet what color we will paint the hall but our front door was looking so bare and unfriendly that I just couldn't wait any longer to put something up. It's a bit too frilly and flowery for Reuben's taste but it's just for the interim. I think we'll end up with wood horizontal blinds later on. We don't have a lot of frill in our house because it's not really either of our styles; but I'm quite enjoying this little bit.


No comments: