Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Snow



It's time I wrote about the Snow. The snow and I have a love-hate relationship. Well, mostly a hate relationship. I guess you know from earlier posts how much I hate the season of Winter.


Yet, as another storm swept through our fair city yesterday morning I pondered to myself " You know, the snow is actually quite pretty!". And as I waded through the unplowed parking lot in my winter boots and snowpants I thought "This is kinda fun!". Kicking up the clean, white powder I glanced up at the snow laden trees and thought "Wow, what a Creation. As if anyone else could have thought to create such a wonderful thing as snow than our Creator and Awesome God". And though I do battle with Winter every year I can't help thinking that if I didn't have it, I'd probably wish for it.


So, this is my moment to stop and be thankful for the snow. When I rode the O-Train into work today, the sun sparkled on the snow so beautifully that I was almost glad I was there instead of snuggled up in bed. Being there gave me a chance to see the sparkly snow and I am grateful for that small Wonder.

No comments: