Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Thanksgiving plans

We have a truckload or vanload ...well, actually, a busload of people coming for the weekend. My sister and her family are 4 people. My brother-in-law's sister and her family are 4 people. A missionary family who my parents are hosting are 7 people. Plus us, my parents, my brother and his fiancee(yes, they got engaged!!!!) are 6 people. That's a total of 21 people spread over 3 homes but probably coming together for at least a couple of meals. It'll be a little chaotic to say the least.

We plan to do some hiking maybe here at the Mill of Kintail. Say that out loud, doesn't it sound like a magical place. It's close to the town of Almonte.

We plan to do some eating... turkey, pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing, applie pie, etc.

We plan to some more eating ... bacon, eggs, waffles, syrup, whipping cream, fresh fruit.

Maybe we should do some more hiking after all that eating because I don't know what else we're going to do with all those kids.


My nephew and neice are coming. I haven't seen them in almost 2 months. This is what they look like now.

No kidding!!! Aren't they beautiful?!!! I'm not sure I can wait 3 more sleeps.

3 comments:

Karin said...

I'm sure you'll have fun, to bad we won't be there too.
by the way I love your new background!

Becky said...

we'll be up this weekend too!

Irene said...

oh good, Becky. maybe we can all meet at the Mill of Kintail on Sat?? I'm in the Nursery on Sunday morning . . .. sounds like it's going to be full!!