Thursday, October 09, 2008

Thanksgiving plans UDPATED

It turns out that my brother-in-law's sister and her family are not coming this weekend so that brings our Thanksgiving total down to 17 people. Which is still a lot but not totally unheard of in my parents' home. That also means, my sister and her family will be staying with us which will be nice. I can't wait to wake up to the kids' smiling faces in the morning ... and maybe a cuddle or two:)

I'm planning to bake an apple pie tonight ... from scratch, crust and all. I've done it before and it doesn't scare me, like it does some people. I just pull out my trusty Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (which, incidently, was the first Christmas present Reuben ever bought me) and follow the directions and it usually works out.

I also read this great recipe for Apple Cream Cheese squares that I might try out. And I'm going to make roasted sweet potatoes for the dinner. My mom is doing the rest of the cooking on Saturday while we all go hiking. The weather is supposed to be fantastic so I'm looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Let me know if you try those Apple Squares. I happened to take a peek at that particular blog too and was curious about trying them.☺

Anonymous said...

I'm making my FIRST ever apple pie today, too!
I've made the crust, cut the apples, and now it's just waiting to be cooked. It's in the oven after the turkey comes out!!! I'll tell you all about it!
Jody