Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hostal Santillan

Ok, everybody ...take a little gander at the cute little airplane flying over on the right sidebar. Do you see what it says? It says that there are only 14 more sleeps until we hop aboard the first leg of our journey!!!!! Unfortunately, the first leg is my most dreaded part because it's a little jaunt to Montreal in a 27 seater prop plane. BOO!!! Too much turbulence. No matter, it will be over before I know it, right?

I've finally managed to secure a room in Madrid. The place is called Hostal Santilla (click here if you want to check it out). Although you might think this is a hostel, hostal actually means boarding house in Spanish. I've read a bunch of reviews and it sounds like a pretty good place to stay, especially for considerably less than $100/night, which is our goal and the fact that we get our own bathroom.

Our cousin, Brianna Veldkamp, who is currently studying in St. Andrews, Scotland is also going to be joining us for the Madrid portion of our trip. Woohoo!! Should be fun. After that she is continuing on to Ireland for the rest of her reading week. I'm so jealous!! Someday, Reuben and I will definitely be checking out the British Isles.

That's all the updates for now ... things are falling into place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooh....now I see it's only 10 more sleeps! wahoo!
Jody