Friday, September 12, 2008

Sweet Potato Soup

As requested ....

Roasted Garlic and Sweet Potato Soup
1 whole head of garlic; separate cloves but keep skin on
1 red onion, peeled and sliced
1-2 sweet potatoes (1 large, or 2 med), peeled and sliced thinly but not too thinly (mediumly)

Spread these ingredients on a cookie sheet and brush olive oil over top of them. Place in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 min, turning over once. Once done, peel off garlic skins.

Combine in a pan with:

4 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp curry
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp thyme

Bring to boil and simmer for 15 min then puree in food processor or with hand blender.
Serve with cornbread.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Sounds delicious...I think I will try it soon.
Lois

Anonymous said...

I'd like the recipe for the delicious pasta you made last time Alanna and I were over :)

Brian

Anonymous said...

I made this tonight for dinner along with cheese biscuits -- very delicious! Thanks.
Lois

Irene said...

awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you, Lois:)