Wednesday, September 17, 2008

San Sebastian

Awhile ago I referenced this song by Justin Rutledge and I finally found the lyrics.

San Sebastian
I arrived in San Sebastian with an ocean on my mind
when they asked me what I came for I said an ocean I came to find
there was soapstone, slate and marble on the terrace where we died
now my heart's in San Sebastian with my tall and bonny bride

I arrived in San Sebastian and I lay my money down
with an arrow in my shoulder
your mare was a chestnut brown
and the harvest fell around us and it bound us to the tide
now my heart's in San Sebastian with my tall and bonny bride

I would love to ask Justin Rutledge what this song means. I have no idea. All I know is that the melody haunts me and I long to visit San Sebastian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking at your "dream accessories" in the side bar -- we have a window seat in our bay window that the previous owner built. It has openings underneath the seat for storage which I love! Do you have a window seat there now or is it open? If you want to see some pic's of ours I can take some and post them on my blog. You should convince your FIL to build you one! :)
Lois

Irene said...

We don't have a window seat but are definitely planning to build one ... good idea to ask the FIL because I'm sure he would do an amazing job. We have to put in a new bay window first as it is 25 years old ... we're getting quotes right now for it. I'd love to see pictures of yours.