Tuesday, February 07, 2006

the Solemnization of Marriage

We learned something pretty amazing in our last pre-marriage class. The reason that the form for the Solemnization of Marriage has printed the answers "I do" after each question to the bride and groom is that we are not promising to do all of these things of ourselves but with the grace and help of the Lord and since we believe this to be true, there is no way we can answer other than "I do". What an amazing and comforting thought.

We had another good weekend in Ottawa this past weekend. My sisters and Mom surprised me with a bridal shower on the Saturday night. There were about 10 people there. It was supposed to be a surprise but I had figured it out especially when my brother said, earlier in the day, "So, what time is this party tonight?" hahaha:) Funny. We started out by going out for dinner at Moxie's. I had this chicken with a wild mushroom sauce that I wasn't too wild about! Then we walked around the mall to give people time to get to our house. I had a fabulous time and I was spoiled with gifts. Many for our kitchen and cooking but some for the bathroom, too (like our green towels, yay!) I really appreciated the effort it took for everybody to come out just for me:)

Reuben started work yesterday. He seems pretty happy with it so far. He said that he already had a great discussion about music with the guy he is sharing a room with. I'm glad because music is a huge part of Reuben's life! And I don't always agree with him on it so it's nice for him to have someone in Ottawa who is on the same wavelength.

Being apart is really hard. Last night, I got so much done! That's a good thing. In a way it was nice to be on my own again, doing what I wanted when I wanted but I've realized that I do enjoy "taking care" of Reuben and making dinner for both of us and stuff like that. I can't wait to go and set up our apartment and make a home for us. It's going to be fantastic!

Less than 6 weeks to the wedding!

No comments: