Thursday, February 02, 2006

My bed

I know it seems silly but am I the only one in the whole world who loves her bed?! I'm a light sleeper as I mentioned yesterday and I have a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep when I am in a strange bed. Does anyone else have this problem? I started sleeping over less and less at people's houses because I could never get to sleep and then I would be grumpy the next day and it just wasn't worth it.

My big dilemma right now is that I will be spending the last few nights before our wedding in a strange bed. See, I have to move out of my appartment on Feb 25 and I will probably then be staying with Reuben's parents, in his old bed. I'm not sure what to do with my bed. Maybe they will let me move it into his room? We don't have room in our apartment for it and I'm not sure we want to keep it in storage. I don't know if my parents have room for it but I would hate to give it away or throw it out.

My bed has been with me since I was a young teenager(and possibly before, I can't really remember when I got it). It's been with me, comforting me and giving me a soft place to lay my weary head through all the trials and tribulations of growing up, moving out and moving away. People often say that it is getting too old and I would need a new bed anyway soon but if I wasn't getting married I probably wouldn't give my bed up for a long time.

I also wonder, with my poor record of sleeping, how I will ever get used to sleeping in the same bed with someone. I'm not sure if this topic is slightly embarassing to write about or not but face it, most people either do it already or wonder what it would be like, right? What if Reuben snores like crazy and I am never able to fall asleep?? The problem is, that he says he can fall asleep anywhere and so I don't think he will have any troubles falling asleep with me in the room. I guess it's just one of those things that I shouldn't worry about until I've actually tried it and it doesn't work.

I love to sleep. Most people do, don't they? I grew up sleeping in till 10 on Saturdays and I always seem to be slightly tired and ready to go to bed at a moment's notice. Weird? or Normal? I'm not sure. What do you think?

Anyway, life is full of moments when we move on and I guess I just have to face facts and move on from the most comfortable bed in the world in 22 nights!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene,

You know I was never really attached to my bed growing up - but now that I'm married no bed is as comfotable as ours! I think that part of the problem is that the people we most often go to visit are Josh's parnets and they have the most uncomfortable guest bed in the world! too short, too hard and too small! or maybe that is the case in general - the beds people use as guest beds are usually guest beds becuase they are not comfotable enough to be used regularly!
I'm sure you will quickly adjust to your new bed.

take care
Karin.