Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Thoughts on Stress

When I start thinking about all the things that are happening and that need to get done in the next 7 weeks, I can hardly breathe and my shoulders get all tense. You've heard right, stress is not healthy! I try not to but it's so hard when there is so much to think about. Reuben and I try to make lists, writing things down as much as possible. This week we will be meeting with my Uncle Keith (who will be officiating the ceremony), Rob and Anita Helder(our caterers) and Rev. Huijgen for our last pre-marriage class. Then on Friday we are driving down to Ottawa with all of Reuben's earthly possessions. On Saturday we will be looking at the apartment we have hopefully rented, hanging out with our friends from southern Ontario who have come to Canada's capital to enjoy Winterlude and Reuben is also planning on going to skiing with Mike Broersma (although I'm not sure how that is going to work out). I'm supposed to be flying home on Sunday night and leaving my fiance to start his first day of work on Monday but the flight loads are pretty full already so I may have to fly home on Monday morning or catch a ride back with someone ... hmmm... that's a good idea, I should look into that. (That just popped into my head).

Last weekend, we spent all day Saturday looking at apartments. Finally, we decided on the first one we looked at because it was $100 cheaper than anything else and it was still a decent apartment. My sister, karin and her hubby live on the 9th floor of the building. We'd be on the 7th floor. We'd have an amazing view of the Ottawa River (like I had before)!!!:) And the kitchen is a little bit bigger than most. Unfortunately, the bathroom is fairly small. But having a bathtub makes up for that. I really miss not having a bathtub in the place I am in right now. I'm a bath person at heart. I guess I get that from my Dad. The building also has squash courts and an exercise room so maybe we will get up enough energy to get fit!:)

I have to be out of my current place by March 1, so we will probably do the move on Feb 24. Reuben won't be able to help move out as he won't be able to take the Friday off, my Dad will be driving a truck down to pick up my stuff so if any of you, reading this, is willing to add some muscle that day, we would really appreciate it!:)


Anyway, that's just a few of things happening in our lives and I've hardly even mentioned all the other wedding stuff that needs to happening in the next 45 days but I will leave it at that. Hope I didn't stress anyone out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi new neighbor:)

Let me know if you can delegate any of those wedding planning last minute details my way.

Love Karin.