Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Reuben's In Ottawa

Reuben's in Ottawa looking for a job. He's had 4 interviews in this area so he thought he'd try his hand at Ottawa architects. No leads so far but today is just his 1st day. I will be travelling there tomorrow night. I can't wait to be home again!

I am having second thoughts about moving to Ottawa, if Reuben gets a job there. I like my job here with WestJet. There are great benefits(flying for cheap) and a good group of people. Most of the time it is low stress. I don't want to have to search for another job. And I am getting used to our congregation and our great group of friends, especially the Bible Study group.

But Ottawa will always be my home. I like it's big city convenience and it's small town feel. I never realized how true that was until I moved to the ever-expanding GTA and felt the never-endingness of the sprawling metropolis as I commute an hour each way to work. Ottawa is expanding too. My old neighbourhood now has enough population to support a small movie theatre and has so many box stores that it's hard to see the surrounding farmland anymore.

I just have to keep being patient about what the Lord has planned for us. I'm just glad for a long weekend.

There's lots of wedding stuff going on. I talked to our florist this morning, who had to revise her quote to a much higher price! Very frustrating...but I've calmed down and accepted it. A wedding is just not cheap no matter how many ways you try to slice it. I am also going to Michael's to buy some scrapbooking supplies so I can start on our wedding scrapbook. Part of it will include a guest book. We had found this chintzy guest book but have decided to return it and just have people write directly on scrapbooking pages. I can't wait to design it. I can't wait to buy all sorts of new stuff.

Well, I'm off.

No comments: