Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dinner

It's noon ... 5 1/2 hrs till I'm home in Ottawa. It's a nice, sunny day here in TO so hopefully that means no turbulence on our way up. When I first started flying the turbulence didn't really bother me but now it really does. It's almost like it gets worse everytime. I really hope I can get a seat near the front of the plane, it's always better up there.

Reuben says that he is surprising me with dinner out tonight. Well, he's not actually taking me out. My parents are. But it sounds like he helped decide where to go and he says I'll be happy. My favourite restaurant in the whole wide world is St. Hubert's. Not because their food is super fantastic, in fact I think it's gone downhill over the years, especially the fries. But because it brings back such sweet childhood memories. Actually, let me retract. Their food is amazing. It's not diverse. Basically, chicken, coleslaw, french fries, a toasted bun and the most delicious gravy in the entire world. I always order the exact same thing everytime I go and it never fails to satisfy me. Their coleslaw is about the only kind I'll eat. And normally, I don't like gravy either. Maybe it's because the flavour has been ingrained in me since I was a child.

hmm ... before I started writing that paragraph, I said to myself that I would not start to soliloquize about St. Hubert but the words just flowed out and I couldn't stop. Funny, hey?

Anyway, the other good restaurant in Ottawa is Moxies. It's a great atmosphere. They have great drinks. Their food is always unique. There is something for everyone.

I'm not sure where we are going for dinner tonight but as long as I am with Reuben it really doesn't matter to me. I am so anxious to get on that plane and over to him. We've only been apart for 2 days but as we were discussing earlier; absence sure does make the heart grow fonder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"solilioquize" - good word:)

Reuben told me that you had started your blog again so I thought I would come check it out. I think you should keep it up this time, not necessarily so that other people can read it - but so that you will have a jounal of your days leading up to your wedding - i'm sure you will enjoy reading it again in the years to come.

I hope you have a good flight! see you tomorrow
love Karin.

Anonymous said...

i agree.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found Reubs' blog, and thus your blog... interesting stuff. Now we can keep up to date with you guys when you move away.

TTYL!

Jo