Monday, January 16, 2006

60 Days - Rambling Thoughts on a Countdown

60 days from today is supposed to be the best day of my life. I'm inclined to believe that it will be true. But I am nervous. I always get nervous though, so this is no surprise. I have been waiting for this day to come forever and now that it is getting so close, time is going by super fast. Whereas, before I sort of felt like if I didn't think about it time would just sort of slow down and the wedding would never come. But now, I don't think I can stop it from coming, it's just barreling on through. Not that I don't want it to come. I'm excited! Marrying Reuben is going to be a dream come true!! Walking down the aisle in my princess wedding dress towards my Prince Charming is going to be unreal! Someone said that waiting for your wedding day was just as good as the marriage itself. I hope marriage is better!

I am an impatient person by nature. I am always waiting for something. A new place to live, a job, a better job, the winter to be over, the hot summer weather to be gone, etc. It's sort of an endless cycle. It's happening with this too. First I wanted to be dating Reuben, then I wanted to be engaged to Reuben, now I want to marry Reuben and then I will want to have children and then I will want our children to grow up so I can be alone with Reuben. Life is a long road. Sometimes, I wish I could just slow down and enjoy the moment. It's hard to do.


I hope that on our wedding day I will be able to slow down and enjoy the moment.

No comments: