Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Elyssa turns 2!


My neice, Elyssa, turned 2 yesterday so my sister had us and my parents over for supper. I made her some legwarmers for a present. She didn't like them but I think they just didn't feel nice on bare legs and also, she was very interested in the present she had just opened from my parents (a Playmobile set of a catamaran sailboat with female sailor). Since I only made 1 legwarmer to see if it was the right size, I have to make the 2nd one now. This is a nice project because it hardly takes any concentration at all. The legwarmer is all one colour and has no increases, decreases or fancy yarnovers to worry about.
The unfortunate thing right now is that I hardly feel like knitting because by the end of the day my wrist and hand is very sore. I use a mouse and type all day as part of my job. sigh!

Anyway, here's a video I took last night of Elyssa. She can say Micah really clearly (Diana's new baby for those who don't know) but for some reason the end got cut off.

2 comments:

Karin said...

you are quick! I haven't gotten a post together yet about her birthday ...

Great pictures!

Sara said...

What a very cute niece you have!