Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Names

Is it weird for everyone when they meet someone with their name? I feel like my name is really unique (not necessarily in a good way, I'm still undecided as to whether I really like it or not) so I don't meet people with my name very often.
This morning I had to find someone named Irene and I walked into this sea of cubicles and someone said "can I help you find someone?" and it was really strange to say I was looking for Irene. It was kind of an out of body experience.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Since my name is spelled without an "h" I always love to meet other Saras who spell their name the same way. When I meet someone whose name does have an "h" I feel like we have different names! Isn't the name Irene after a Dutch queen whose name was Irene? Pretty neat!

Peter said...

Yes we named Irene after the famous Dutch Princess and indeed we just planted some tulips named "Princess Irene" at 33 Alberni!

Johannah said...

Irene,
When Lyssa says your name though, don't you just love it! "Rene!"
,Jo