Saturday, October 31, 2009

What I've been up to lately

This is one of my favourite meals to make. My parents, sister, brother-in-law and neice were over for dinner and I had bought this really cool plate at Winners so I decided to put the whole meal on it. And it worked out great! It's oven-roasted sweet potatos, pork tenderloin and broccoli with bacon.

Below are the pictures of our latest efforts in our house. We've been living with that patched wall for more than half a year and it was very satisfying to get some paint on it, finally.

And we both absolutely love the Rhubarb colour. It's very warm and inviting. You can see that we also got a pendent light for the pass-through into the kitchen. We still haven't put pictures up anywhere in our living room so that's on the list too.
This is a little sweater I knit for my sister, Diana's baby. Although, I did take it out once to start over, it was a very easy piece to knit and because of the thickness of the yarn, it was very quick. The buttons are my only concern. I used some that I had in my button box...which is basically buttons I've stashed from the clothes I bought where they give you extra buttons. So they don't match. I think it looks kinda unique but I hope Diana does too.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, you were living with that patched wall for half an hour?? That must've been a stressful time :)

ps. Your meal looks amazing!

Anna

Irene said...

oops! yeah...it nearly broke up our marriage...half an hour is a looong time:)

Peter said...

Amazingly richly bold colour - it is growing on me!
Tasty supper .. awesome.
Diana appreciated the sweater
Keep up the good work!
POPS