Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What a weekend!

Ok, so that was one of the most busy weekends we've had in a long time. And I think the most driving we've done in a long time. From 7pm Thursday to 9pm Sunday, we drove a total of 1500 kms!!! On Thursday night we dropped by the Wedgewood and took some pictures. It is a retirement residence that Reuben's firm designed. It was pretty nice! I would retire there, if I had a choice. And if I was at the retiring age:) We decided to stay in Brockville for dinner at the Brockberry Cafe. It was really scrumptious! I had a schrimp crepe with a bowl of swiss mushroom soup.

And Reuben had the New Zealand rack of lamb.
After this, we headed on to Napanee where we spent the night at the Hampton Inn. It was really nice. The bathroom decor was really modern. Only trouble was that I wanted a bath after a long day and they only had a shower stall. I guess most people don't take baths at hotels so they thought this was a better option.

On Friday morning, we headed on to Reuben's parents place and then quickly got ready for a wedding. Andre Schutten and Karyn Vandooren. The wedding was beautiful. Especially the music for the signing. It was "The Lord's Prayer" by Malotte. Two professional singers sang it and it was so beautiful, it moved us all to tears.

The bride and her father.My sister-in-law, Karin and I.



On Saturday, Reuben and I drove up to Midland for the funeral of my cousin, Ryan. Ryan died tragically in an accident. He was only 27 years old. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to get to know him too well. I was thankful we had the chance to be at the funeral for the sake of my aunt and uncle and other family. It was a 2 hr drive up to Midland. Afterwards, we drove Diana and Mike back to their place, where we stayed for the night. On the drive, we stopped in at the Creemore Springs brewery. Cute little place.

My sister and Mike. She is due in 4 days. Come, baby, come!!That night we went to the house of one of Reuben's friends from college. Him and his wife and daughter live in Fergus. Another friend of their's and his fiancee were there, as well. It was neat getting to know them better and Reuben had a great time reminiscing with his friends.

On Sunday morning we finally got to see our niece. Here are all the lovely pictures of Hadassah that we took. She is walking and saying "mommy, daddy, ossie (for their cat, Oscar)" and she can put shaped blocks in their correct holes. She's a smart little cookie!! And soooo adorable.











No comments: