Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day etc

This past weekend was interesting. Reuben went to Nova Scotia ... by car ....for the weekend. He's crazy but I wish I could've gone. He went with his friend, Andrew, who had a wedding to attend. Reuben has an aunt and uncle and cousins in Halifax, so he got to visit with them. I have only had one teeny tiny phone msg from him so I have no idea how things are going but at least I know he's still alive. I worry.
It's been far too quiet in our house. I am hoping he'll be home tonight before midnight but I have no guarantees so I will wait. I'm just glad Evelyn didn't call me last night. If she goes into labour in the middle of the night we've agreed to run over and watch the kids for them. I was so worried it would happen last night that I couldn't fall asleep. Silly me!
I planted New Guinea Impatiens and some other purple flowers in our garden to brighten things up. They look great! But I don't have pictures. You'll have to stop by to see them. Gardening is good exercise!
Yesterday was Father's Day. Here are some pictures.

We got him a GPS for the car.

Elyssa (7 months old)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...that GPS that you "got" for your Dad looks suspiciously like the GPS that Tim Horton's was giving out in Rolluptherimtowin. You won that didn't you??! :)

Irene said...

hahahaha!! I wish.