Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Busy

Wow, our life has been busy. Over the weekend, we had company for Sat. night so I spent all day Saturday catching up on housework. I just don't have time to keep things up during the week so Saturday is always a big chore day. This includes grocery shopping which I always leave to the last possible moment because making that list is such a challenge. I can't do my shopping without a list. I'm just frozen and I end up buying really weird stuff just because it's on sale. While I was doing house chores, Reuben spent all day at the manse with some other guys from our church (and one lady) getting it ready for our new/ex pastor, his wife and son who are moving in in August.
So, we didn't get much done on our own house as far as projects go. On Monday night and last night, Reuben didn't come home until 11:30pm. He worked late on Monday and yesterday he went, with his co-workers, to the opening ceremonies of a Retirement Home they designed up in Pembroke. I was invited too but was recuperating from a cold so I didn't want to go.
Tonight, we are babysitting our neice, Elyssa, while her parents sail their boat in a race at the Sailing Club.
Then, on Friday, we are heading down to southern Ontario for a wedding. Our friends, Erica and Brian are getting married. I'm pretty excited because the reception will be at the Warplane Museum and we all know how much I love airplanes!:) Should be hectic but good. Hopefully, we'll get to see a little bit of Hadassah while we are there as Diana and Mike will be at the wedding, as well. My parents will be in town too, for a different reason and will be taking Hadassah with them for the day.

That's our life in a nutshell. No time for the house at the moment. While Reuben's parents were here, Reuben's dad installed our new sink and tap .... I will post before/after pictures soon!!!

1 comment:

George van Popta said...

You wrote: "While I was doing house chores, Reuben spent all day at the manse with some other guys from our church (and one lady) getting it ready for our new/ex pastor, his wife and son who are moving in in August."

Thanks, eh?