Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I get really excited about my birthday. But the oxymoron of it all is that I hate getting older. Figure that one out?!
When I was still living at home, we had this tradition that the birthday girl/boy would get woken up by the rest of the family singing Happy Birthday and bringing in presents and breakfast. I treasure that memory. Now that I'm married, and my husband doesn't believe in breakfast in bed . . . we are making new memories. Being woken up with a soft "Happy Birthday" before I even remember that it's my birthday is pretty nice, even if I don't get breakfast in bed anymore:)
This morning when I got to work (I really don't think we should have to work on our birthdays), I found that my boss had left a bouquet of irises and tulips on my desk with a note. Soooo nice!

Here's to a great rest of the day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birhtday to you,
Happy birthday, Irene,
Happy birthday to you.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You're now on your last year of youth, so enjoy it.

Irene said...

thanks,guys.

Alanna said...

Happy Birthday Irene! I hope you have a wonderful day!