Monday, April 21, 2008

The Weekend - UPDATED with pictures

It's Monday again. Back to our regularly scheduled activities. It's been really warm the past week or so. I'm glad that it's no longer winter but I would've like a bit more of spring. I hope it cools down a bit soon because it's sort of shocking having 25 degree weather everyday. My tulips are almost blooming. I should take a follow up picture so you can see how they are doing. I'm actually thinking about watering them because the dirt looks so dry.


This weekend was busy. Diana, Mike and Hadassah came late Friday night. Then on Saturday morning when I woke up I could hear Hadassah talking to herself in her crib so I went to get her. She didn't seem too concerned that I wasn't Diana so I took her out and played with her until Diana got up. It was fun hearing her laugh and "talk". After awhile I got to work whipping up breakfast for the whole family. Karin, Josh and Elyssa came over. Mom and Dad and George and Dora vanPopta came over. And Richard and Emma too. Altogether we had 14 for breakfast. I made waffles with fruit and whipping cream, bacon and scrambled eggs. There was coffee, tea and orange juice. It was scrumptious and everyone appreciated it! We borrowed a table from Mom and Dad and some people even ate out on the deck! Which was amazing because a week ago that deck was still covered in snow!!









After we hung out for a bit, we decided to get some work done. So, Richard, Mike and Reuben went to Home Depot and bought 12 cedar trees that we are going to plant in the back to screen ourselves from the busy road that runs behind our house. Reuben's even talking about building a shed in the back corner too. Diana and I grabbed some pruning shears and pruned back some plants and raked up some old leaves, grass and dried up plants. We also got a wheelbarrow so we started carting rocks out to the back and dumped them over the fence. The previous owners lined all the garden beds with these medium sized rocks and we don't like them at all. It was really hot! There is no shade in the front of the house where we were working and we get direct afternoon sun. We were sweating and a few of us got a hint of a burn. It felt good to get that stuff done though. Then I baked some brownies and we went to Mom and Dad's for the first BBQ of the season.





We went to church in the evening for a social time for Rev and Mrs vanPopta because we've called him to be our minister. It was a fun time but my feet were sore from being on them all day so I couldn't wait to get home and go to bed.




On Sunday, we had lunch with our peers and the vanPoptas at Andre's house. And for dinner we had everyone over again at my parents. So we had a nice, social Sunday which Reuben really loves and I'm starting to get used to but sometimes I would prefer to be home alone with a book or something. No offense anyone whose reading this, I still love your company!

Andrew, you know why this picture is here

After all that I was exhausted last night and couldn't wait to head to bed again. I love to sleep!! Both Reuben and I didnt' sleep very well last night. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's cause we're not used to being so warm at night. Getting ready this morning, I could hear Hadassah talking in her crib again but Diana wasn't awake so I couldn't go in to say hi because I had to leave for work before they were up. Too bad:( They should be driving home right now. And we won't see them again for another 6 weeks.

All in all, another short but sweet weekend.

No comments: