Friday, March 28, 2008

Gardening Part 2

We've been discussing it over the past couple of days and have come to the conclusion that, while my ambition to have a vegetable garden is good, it's a bit premature and would result in great disappointment. As we haven't had the house through a full gardening season just getting the yard and gardens in decent shape for flowers and other types of plants will be a full-time job. I think I'll focus on that and leave the vegetable gardening for next year or for a couple of years down the road.


You may be able to tell from the picture of our house in the sidebar that there were a horrendous amount of weeds growing in our garden beds. Well, just before the snow fell we pulled them all out so at least that's done but there are grading issues and we want to widen our front path and plant big cedar hedges in the back to block out the traffic on the busy road behind our house. There are lots of projects. Big projects. I don't need to be stressing and fiddling over vegetables while all of that is going on.


Here's the preliminary sketch courtesy of my Dad.

3 comments:

LV said...

The thought of a big vegetable garden interests me too. We don't have the space really but I do have my tomato beds and totally enjoy eating them all winter long! Good luck with all your projects.
Lois

Reuben said...

Thanks, Lois.

Irene said...

That was me, by the way! hahaha!