Thursday, May 18, 2006

Our Second Anniversary

Second month, that is.

We've been married for 2 months now. It doesn't sound like a long time when you say it like that but it feels long. In a good way. We are really discovering the wonderful depth that is marriage. The saying that you don't know what it's like to be married until you are, is really true. I've dreamed long and hard about being married and now that I am it is so much more than I thought it would be. More wonderful, more precious, more intense, more fulfilling. When there is someone to come home to at the end of the day, it makes everything seem so much more worth it. (I'm not sure if that makes sense.)

Admittedly, it's not all sunshine and roses. There are an infinite number of things that annoy him about me and annoy me about him. But somehow it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, you just forget it, give eachother a hug and go to sleep.

We've done some more painting in our apt. I was really tired and sore the second night(it took 2 nights to finish) so I wasn't very enthusiastic whereas Reuben just wanted to do as good a job as possible. We got it done though, hopefully, we'll get a picture up here soon so you can see. It looks great! So much more cosy than the off-white they had in here. It's looking more and more like home!

We are heading down to visit my sister, Diana and her husband Mike tomorrow night. Then on Saturday, we are going to Waterdown to stay with Reuben's parents and to hang out with some of our friends whom we haven't seen in quite awhile. We are looking forward to it. It has been a long time since we have been to Southern Ontario. I hope the weather gets better.

No comments: