Monday, May 29, 2006

My amazing husband and babies

There's nothing really exciting to post about but I wanted to share that Reuben continually amazes me! This past weekend I spent all of Saturday in Montreal and Reuben stayed home. He did groceries, he baked cookies and he put up this amazing canopy above/around our bed! I will try to get a picture of it up here soon. I would also like to post a picture of the other side of our livingroom.

In Montreal, my Mom and Emma and I went to a baby shower for my cousin, Amanda. She is due on June 17. We had a lovely time but it certainly was a long drive just for an afternoon of fun. My aunt and uncle and other cousin, Corrine were there so we didn't have any excuse not to go (not that we wanted one) because we rarely get to see them. The shower was fun! We played some interesting games, the food was delicious and Amanda and Derek received some really nice gifts. I'm glad I got to see Amanda one last time before she has the baby. I also can't wait to see their baby!

Speaking of babies, I'm now allowed to inform the world that I'm going to be an Aunt. I wanted to start another blog dedicated to this so there is a link to it on my sidebar. There won't be much to say for awhile as she is only 8 or 9 weeks along. Oh, you're probably wondering which one of my family is having this baby! My youngest sister, Diana!!!! I'm so happy for her and Mike. It's so wonderful that God can bless them with the beginning of a bigger family. Anyway, I should let you read all about it at my other blog.

3 comments:

undoubtably_me said...

YAY BABIES!

Reuben said...

It'll be a boy and we'll call him Jim-Bob.

undoubtably_me said...

I will never again be able to keep a straight face when I hear the name "Bob"... high school has scarred me for life! :D That poor kid will be so confused -- "Mommy, why does Unca Reuben call me Bob?" "I don't know, dear. Just smile and nod."