Saturday, February 26, 2011

Vancouver

On our way home from Hawaii, we had a 7 hour layover in Vancouver. Recently, our friends had moved to Abbotsford (near Vancouver) and we hadn't seen them in 4 months or met their new baby. Other friends were in Langley (near Vancouver) visiting family for Christmas. We landed in Vancouver at 7am. At about 8:30am, I think, it's a little hazy since it was 2 hours earlier for us and we had pulled an all-nighter on the plane, our friends pulled into the arrivals area of the airport and we hopped in. Thankfully, our luggage was transferred onto our connecting flight so we didn't have to worry about it in the interim. We headed towards the Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park stopping at a cafe for breakfast on the way. I was starving so the breakfast sandwich, coffee and biscotti I ate really hit the spot.

Sorry, that I look so goofy. I had forgotton my toque in the car and it was cool and rainy so I borrowed Reuben's.

Really cool dolphin show.
Gemma wasn't feeling very well. Um....I think that's why she looks stunned but maybe it's cause I was holding her and she thought I was a little strange.
Experiencing a 4D movie. I thought it would be dumb but it was actually really cool.

When I was younger, the toucan was my favourite bird. I think these are Macaws.
Gemma and Opa.

Watching the belugas.

Reuben with his head in a bubble underneath an aquarium. I forget what other kind of animal was in the aquarium.
Jellyfish are really amazing.




1 comment:

Anna said...

oooh, so fun to see these pics! You guys should come again, and for longer this time, it was so great to see you :)