Monday, February 14, 2011

Bits and Bites

Renovation update: undercabinet lighting installed and functioning. It lends a lovely ambiance to the kitchen. I tried to get a picture when my countertop was clean but it was nearly impossible. I'm fairly knit-picky about keeping things neat and tidy but at the end of the week when the amount of plastic containers that need washing piles up; it's so hard. Washing plastic containers is one of my least favourite jobs. That and cleaning the bathtub/shower. I don't think I posted pictures of our backsplash either but there it is. I love it!

Recently, we went out for dinner and beets were heavily incorporated into both of our meals. We loved them so I thought I should try cooking with them. They were surprisingly easy and most definitely delicious! I roasted them tossed in olive oil, sea salt and pepper along with some baby potatoes.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love them pickled in a a salad on a bed of lettuce with walnuts and blue cheese...or in a soup! I just put all of my containers in the top rack of the dishwasher. They come out great...and clean.;-)

Anna said...

I'm working on trying beets...Carl is skeptical since his only experience with them was as part of a science experiment to see how quickly we digest things :) My main experience is with pickled beets, but I'm determined to try them - I love the colour!
And washing plastic containers is lousy but I hate drying them even more!