Monday, February 22, 2010

Sleepover

Our Christmas gift to Karin and Josh was to babysit their daughter. So, this past weekend, we picked her up Saturday morning and brought her with us to Local Heros for breakfast. She surprised by eating a huge pancake! It seemed like a lot of food for a little girl. Then I dropped Reuben off at home and took her grocery shopping with me and then we went to the library. At home we had some lunch and then she slept for 2 hours.This is part of Elyssa's lunch. Yep, half a lemon...she doesn't even flinch.

These are the books and movies we got out of the library.

After her nap, we played playdough and made a train out of some nesting boxes.

We had my parents over for dinner and then had some vanilla pudding for dessert. Here, Reuben is trying to bond with her but she just gave him one of her famous withering looks.
She went to bed alright...if alright is crying herself to sleep for 1/2 an hour. Karin said to leave her for 1/2 an hour and that was exactly how long it took for her to fall asleep. Amazing! The next morning, she woke me up at 5:15am...apparently, this is sort of normal. It probably didn't help that she had a racking cough. I tried to get her to sleep a little bit longer and then Reuben took over and helped give her breakfast while I caught a few more winks.
As you can tell, it's the wee hours of the morning here.

We love you, Elyssa...but maybe we'll wait to have a sleepover until you can stay in bed later than 5:15am. I don't know how my sister does it....she's amazing!

7 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices for the velcros were around 330 pounds everwhere. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm really into shoes and I was looking as far as something that exact make. The prices as regards the sneakers were about 310 dollars on every page. But completely I bring about this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what is your opinion?