Friday, February 19, 2010

Winterlude 2010

No renovation updates this time...although, Reuben is slowly but surely finetuning the surface of the walls in the foyer...it's Winterlude season here in Ottawa.
It's always a bit of a struggle for me to don all that winter wear, head downtown and really enjoy myself in the cold, wet winter but with my hubby by my side, it was actually really fun!Us on the canal.Reuben being his goofy self.
Us on an ice sculpture.My favourite snow sculpture. That evening we enjoyed a Basia Bulat concert. She's the one sitting down. If you get a chance, you should give her a listen.

Some other highlights of the day include my joining the group on an ice slide...thought I was too old to enjoy such things...but it was a thrill! And eating a beavertail with freezing cold hands...the only way to enjoy them.

We had company last weekend too. Reuben's sister and her friends. Sorry, I don't have any pics of them. They are a good group. Reminded me of Winterludes in the way past when groups of my friends would come to Ottawa and we'd stay up way too late...I think we stayed up way later than these kids (oops, no, they are not kids!) did:) They are a good group and we hope 2 of them will end up here for school;)

Next on the event list, babysitting my 2 year old neice, Elyssa. We'll be picking her up tomorrow morning and her parents will pick her up after church tomorrow. That's right, we'll be taking her to church with us. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Sara said...

The skates sculpture was our family's favourite too. I was never fond of winter till I had 4 boys who 3 of the 4 have winter birthdays and LOVE winter. Next Christmas they are getting me a pair of those recreational skates since we have 4 boys in skates now!
Having children has made winter a lot of fun! Or a great hubby helps too. ;-)

LV said...

That looks like fun Irene! I haven't been to Winderlude since 2000 so I think maybe we should make sure we go next year again. Did you skate the canal too? Lois

Irene said...

You are all most welcome to stay with or at least hang out with us if you want to come, Lois. Reuben and I did not skate...we walked.