Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kitchen Renos

Things are under way in our kitchen. Reuben has faithfully been removing 10-20 tiles every week so that he can put them out in the regular trash. We're trying to avoid getting a construction bin. Last week, he decided to see what was under the plywood that was under the tile and found a perfectly good layer of linoleum. We have to remove that now too. I picked up our new flooring last week and our sink, tap, countertop, cabinets and window have been ordered.


I took some pictures last night after I did the dishes for the last time in our sink and before I cleared out the cupboards. So these are the official before pictures of our kitchen.

Notice the lovely wallpaper border and beautiful pink paint color to match the tiles. Very fiesta-y! I'm really into fiesta style (NOT).




This is a picture of the floor vent that I kept stepping on every time I did dishes.





This is the gross mold that has been surrounding our tap since the day we moved in 2 years ago. Also, notice that I can't swivel the tap to direct the water, I can only move the nozzle. I can't wait for my new tap and sink!

No comments: