Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wainscotting and drywall joints

This is what we've been working on the past week. In the picture below you can see what else has been taking place in the stairwell area besides potlights and a new ceiling. We've (Reuben) been scraping away at all the joints; taking off the old mud and tape. It's a thankless job and creates a huge mess on the stairwell. I wish I could sleep downstairs so I wouldn't have to walk through it every night/morning.
And on Friday last week, I had a day off from work, so I proceeded to take off the old beadboard/wainscotting in our front entryway. It was easy-peasy. It came off with little trouble. Now, all of the nail holes have to be filled and sanded and then we can paint! It looks like painting will take place in 2 weeks...to coincide with my birthday.

1 comment:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.