Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More craziness

Over the last week, Reuben has been working hard on the walls and ceiling in our house. I have been working hard trying to keep my sanity. Patience is a virtue and I'm learning the hard way. Some advice to those in the same boat...if your husband is trying to finish the drywall don't try to talk about hanging pictures, gardening, paying bills etc as it will only remind him that you should be helping him sand. You don't want to have to help him sand...it's not fun.
Our drywaller came on Saturday morning (after our week of prep work) at 8 am. No sleeping in for this girl. He quickly and efficiently retaped all the drywall joints we had exposed by noon. I tried to stay out of the way but at one point, while trying to make Tiramisu for a party, I had to move all of my stuff to the other counter. There isn't one area of my house that doesn't have drywall dust or mud tracked through it or on it. I thought my livingroom would be a sanctuary but now all of the shoes and coats from our front hall closet are strewn about it. Last night, Andrew came again and did a second coat of mud and then they put up drywall on the ceiling in our dinette and front hall. I had to help hold it up while it was being screwed in place.
Despite all of this, the Tiramisu turned out and was enjoyed by all.
I haven't taken any pictures recently to show the progress.
Oh and also, our tulips have started blooming!!! And isn't it so cool how they close at night and open during the day!:) Amazing.

4 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Imagine those who have done it with children around! That's what took just painting our upper floor so long. Husbands take all that work very personally. It's almost best to just not be home and let them do it. It can be pretty frustrating to not always be able to help. Making a tasty dessert for them to look forward to should help with getting the job done though!☺ True, not good to discuss all the other things that also need to be done!☺

Anonymous said...

[giggle]...I can just imagine it!!! Wish I were there for the tiramasu, though!
I'm looking forward to seeing this place...how about next week some time? :)
Jody

Irene said...

ack...is it next week, already? we'd love to have you guys over...it's not all painted yet, though.