Tuesday, April 14, 2009

renovations and in-laws (or How I Spent My Easter Weekend)

I want to tell you all about our renovations...but I have no pictures...
So, I'll keep it short and add pictures in when I can...
Reuben's parents came to visit for the long weekend so lots of work got done on the house.

1. They(Reuben and his Dad) put up crown moulding and baseboards in the livingroom and diningroom....it looks amazing!
2. They also put 2 potlights in our stairwell...there was much fiddling around with 3-way switches!
3. They installed drywall on the ceiling in the stairwell and part of the hallway upstairs.

While they were doing that, my mother-in-law and I organized our basement mess. We had been chucking stuff down there ever since we moved in and it was really starting to bother me. Now, it's all organized and there's actually room to move around down there!

We also really started thinking about our kitchen and so we went to Ikea to get one priced out and then also to a higher end place...the price difference is pretty big. I think we're going to go with Ikea just because we don't want to spend more money on renovations than we'll get back out of the house when we sell it. Any improvement to the kitchen is going to be significant, that's for sure. We're planning to do it in the Fall.

So this week is looking like the beginning of more dust and construction in our house for awhile. We have to rip out all the tape joints in the stairwell, upstairs hallways and 2 bedrooms and then it all has to be taped and mudded. At least we're not doing both floors at the same time. While the livingroom was being done I could retreat to my bedroom and now that the upstairs is being done I can retreat to the living room. You should come over sometime and check it out!

No comments: