Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Job Status

We're leaving tomorrow and although, I've talked with several people here, at work, about the trip I haven't really been thinking about it. You see, my job here has always been on the temporary side and lately there has been more talk about what I am going to do after the contract ends in February. Thankfully, my bosses are really encouraging about applying for other jobs and that I can leave before February if that's the way it works out. Last week, I found out that a job is opening up in another department here at the University. The woman who holds the position now is moving to a new position as of November 10. Everyone is telling me to apply for her job. She even gave me the job description in advance so I could prepare my resume because she thinks I would be a really good fit there. The job would be as an Undergraduate Advisor in the Computer Science department. This would be really great because it would still be in the Faculty of Science and since I've made a lot of contacts here since I started it would be really great to stay in the Faculty. Also, the woman is staying within the Faculty too so I'd always have her close by for any questions I have, which is really important. So, instead of doing all the administrative duties that I have now, I'd be concentrating on advising the students on which courses to take and answer all their questions etc. It would be a huge responsibility.
Anyway, so the job was posted TODAY and we're leaving TOMORROW! And it's only being posted until Nov 11 ... we'll still be in Spain. So, all I've been doing today is working on my resume and application to get it in by the end of today. It's really nerve-wracking that this is all happening at once and I'm a little worried that they'll want to interview me before I get back from Spain but I hope they will wait for me. The woman who I'd be replacing said she's mentioned my name to her Director already. Yikes!
Besides that, we'll be arriving at the airport in 24 hours from now. and leaving on the plane in 28 hours!!!

No comments: