Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window...
There is a monstrous back hoe, a couple construction guys and a dump truck. They are all working to expose the top of the University’s tunnel system for repair.

I am thinking...
About going to Winnipeg tomorrow for my best friend’s wedding. I can’t believe it’s already this weekend! I’m excited and nervous, especially about flying alone even though I’ve done it tons of times.

I am thankful for...
Being able to get the time off work to go to Winnipeg and relax a little when I get back.

From the kitchen...
We’re having leftover salmon burgers and steamed broccoli for dinner.

I am wearing...
Summer tan pans, flip flops, a brown and white vest/blouse combo and cute clip in my hair!I am creating...Hmmm … not big on the whole creating thing but I am working on crocheting a cozy blanket for our living room.

I am going…
To Winnipeg.

I am reading...
The Source by James A. Michener. About the history of Isreal as told archeologically.

I am hoping...
For coolish weather and sunny skies for Lorien and Chad’s wedding. Also for no turbulence on my flights.

I am hearing...
Paint being rolled on, a generator, moving of furniture on the floor above, voices of my co-workers…

Around the house...
I wish I was at home right now to answer this.

One of my favorite things…
Seeing Reuben’s phone numbers appear on my Called ID when the phone rings.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Fly to Winnipeg … but I think you already knew that! Get a manicure! Be as helpful and selfless as possible on the Wedding Day.

No comments: