Friday, July 25, 2008

New Post

Well, dear friends, I think I'll just ramble on a bit about things for now. I don't have a lot of pictures to add to this post as I am at work and don't have them with me.

Last weekend, was another busy weekend for us. We traveled down to Waterdown and stayed with Reuben's parents. On Friday, we celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary as well as Jared's 22nd birthday by having a photographer take some family photos and then having dinner at the West Plains Bistro. Very scrumptious!

On Saturday, we attended the wedding of Melissa Bremer and Gerald Alkema. Between the ceremony and the reception we went to a birthday party for my Oma N. Mostly all of the Nyenhuis children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren were there.

Sunday was a quieter day but since we had church at 11am and left for home by 3:30pm, it was a very short day.

On the drive home, we drove through Toronto (unfortunately, you can't get around that) during a torrential rainstorm. I was driving. Past Toronto the rain died down so Reuben put the pedal to the metal and we made it home by 9pm. Woohoo!

After the weekend, we have not had any energy to do anything this week. I must confess that we spent some unnecessary hours just watching T.V. this week. We hate 2 out of 4 dinners in front of the T.V. Although, on Monday night, our gardener(my dad) came over and I did do some weeding, dead-heading and cutting back of a vine (which is going to take over our house if we don't watch it). So, I am satisfied that we got something accomplished this week. I also got one load of laundry done ... woohoo!

Last night, we had a birthday party for 2 ladies from our church. It was a small gathering but quite nice. It's nice to catch up on how everyone is doing and what's happening in their lives as I don't often manage to do this on Sunday especially when we are gone so much.

5 more sleeps until I hop on a plane to Winnipeg for my best friend's wedding. I'm already getting nervous about it. Partly because flying makes me nervous and partly because Reuben isn't come with me and I think I will be really lonely, especially at night. I'll have to bring some Hardy Boy books along to help lull me to sleep. (That's what I do at home when I can't sleep.)


No comments: