Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Work

I'm back at work. It's strange. I'm the only one here down a long dark hallway full of closed doors. It is winter and at 3:36 the sun is already starting to set. We dug ourselves out of another snowstorm last night. Reuben and I took the bus together this morning. We trudged out of the house at 7:30 bundled up to our eyeballs against the -30 temps and wind. Ahh ... January. Just what I've been fearing since the first day of snow so long ago.
Work is back at my alma mater, Carleton University. My dad is a prof and researcher here. A colleague of his was looking for a temporary administrator so I've jumped into the void. It sure is a void here on January 2 with students still on holidays and profs not ready to get back into the thick of things. I don't mind ... gives me a chance to ease into it.
I've already talked to 2 students and tried to muddle my way through their questions. It's going to be interesting. I wish I didn't have to learn something new but WestJet was getting boring anyway so here I am.
My contract is up at the end of January so I won't get too settled but I'm hoping something else will come up here after that.

Also ...congrats to my forever best friend, Lorien vanPopta, who got engaged 2 weeks ago!!! Thanks for asking me to be a bridesmaid ... I feel honoured and blessed to have you as a friend.

1 comment:

david santos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.