Thursday, January 24, 2008

Geeky weather

Ok. I think that the weather today should be called geeky weather because in order to be assured of some semblance of warmth outside you have to dress like a geek. I am a total wimp when it comes to cold weather and will do anything, ie wear anything, to stay warm. It is one of my biggest pet peeves to see people outside in cold temperatures without a hat, scarf, mittens and a proper winter coat. People can be so dumb!
Today on the bus I decided to count the number of stupid people (ie those not wearing all of the appropriate attire, listed above) and the number of smart people (ie those dressed for the -25 weather). As they filed in at Fallowfield station, I counted 15 stupid people and only 5 smart people.
My dad pointed out that maybe it's because other people aren't affected by the cold as much as I am. Do you think that could be true? I think that all skin must freeze at the same temperature so therefore you must cover your skin properly if you are going to be outside for any prolonged period of time.
Maybe it's just because I can't stand seeing other people cold that I get so annoyed when they don't dress properly.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Irene - I definitely am married to a stubborn-improperly dressed for the weather-man. He is the most sensitive, understanding and accomodating man EXCEPT for this issue. He refuses to wear proper winter attire. When I met him he wouldn't even wear a winter jacket (just a sweater). At least now he usually wears that. He has given me many reasons why he doesn't like to dress for the cold and one reason is that the cold doesn't bother him. He appears to have an unusually high threshold to endure such temperatures.
I've decided to give up this fight with him. I will never win and it's not worth the stress.

- Vanessa van der Meer