Friday, March 06, 2009

the state that we are in

I'm sure you're all curious as to how the renovations are coming. Well, I'm here to report that there has been progress! Today, I took up the drop clothes and swept the floor. Tomorrow, I will put them down again and paint the ceiling. The ceiling needs a coat of drywall primer because it is now all new drywall and then a coat or two of ceiling paint which will be tinted Muslin from Benjamin Moore. You can look it up on their website if you're curious. I'm not sure when the walls will get painted because Reuben plans to do a few more coats of mud on some stubborn spots. This will ensure that our walls are as flat as humanly possible without having to re-drywall them all.
Anyway, I still can't navigate my kitchen too well and there is dust everywhere!! I'm so thankful we can go to my parents to escape the insanity!
More updates to come....

2 comments:

Reuben said...

I love the title!

Jay Hart said...

i dont know how you manage to put up with the renos for so long. kudos to you!!!! we reno-ed here since friday afternoon, (today being tues) ripping down a wall, and putting in new flooring and by today i was so glad i could clean everything! although we do have to do another sanding, but that mess will be a bit more contained. Good luck with finishing up yours, looking forward to seeing pics of the finished product!
veronica