Monday, August 07, 2006

A lonely weekend

I miss my husband! He has been gone for 3 long nights. Every August long weekend, he and his friends go camping. This year was no different. I've heard many stories of these trips which is the reason I don't go. Also, because it's camping. And haven't I done enough camping for one summer?! phew! Anyway, they went to Guelph Lake which is a good 6 hour drive for him, all by himself. He should be on his way home right now and I am anticipating it greatly! The problem is, I don't know when he will be home so it's the great waiting game. As mentioned previously, I am not the most patient person in the world so I am seriously hoping that he is home when I get there.

I've realized over the weekend that while I can manage on my own, as I have before. Life is very boring when you don't have someone to share it with. I miss having someone to talk to, someone to make decisions with, someone to argue with, someone to sit silently eating breakfast with and someone to pray with.

Reuben, you are loved and missed, come home!

No comments: