Friday, March 10, 2006

WestJet

Today is my last day at WestJet. It's sad and it's happy. It's hard for me to process the fact that I am leaving because all I am thinking about right now is the wedding and starting my new life together with Reuben in Ottawa. But I know that I will miss this job. I have enjoyed learning about the airline industry. I've enjoyed being at the airport and seeing the planes everyday. I've enjoyed getting to know the people I work with here. Generally, they are a good group! I have learned a lot at this job. I've learned that I hate driving in Toronto. I've learned that I can get up at 5:30 every weekday for a year and 4 months and not totally disintegrate(I am happy that this was my last morning getting up that early for work, hopefully forever!). I've learned to cope with the commute of just under an hour each way everyday. At first, I didn't think I was going to make it but it's amazing what you can adapt to and get used to. Now, it doesn't even feel that long. Unfortunately, I've also learned the difference between those who are friendly on the outside(because that is what is promoted at this company) but not friendly on the inside and those who are genuinely friendly both inside and out. I've met some really happy, positive and lovely people at my time here.

So, it's onwards and upwards. This was my second full time job since leaving University in December 2001 and my third job (the other one being just a seasonal contract).

I just realized I hadn't posted this on the intended day. Let me do that now and then move on.

No comments: