Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My emotional ramblings on our new apartment

Ok .. so Reuben challenged me in his last post to write something emotional about our place. I guess that's one of my jobs in our relationship!!

The weekend of packing and unpacking was so whirlwind that I hardly had any time to digest the fact that we were moving into our very own first apartment. Wow ... it's all coming together and our wedding day is fast approaching! Less than 3 weeks to go.

On Thursday night, I had my first night of not being able to sleep from excitement and nervousness. I also think it's cause my mom was sleeping over and it's hard for me to fall asleep with someone else in the room. I am always conscious of them. I guess I'll have to get used to that when we're married! So, I was pretty tired on Friday. The troops came over at 9 in the morning and we(I mean, they) starting carting things up the stairs, down the path, around the house and out to the driveway. Around 10:30 we took a Tim's break and then loaded up the rest. We visited my Oma Buist before hitting the road. Jared drove down with me to keep me company and to help with the move on the other end. We decided not to try and stay with the cube van as they were driving quite slow. We made it home before Reuben got home from work ...around 5:10. Mom and Dad got there about 6:30.

On Sat. morning we got up bright and early again and made it to the apt building by 9am. We loaded all the stuff in the service elevator and were done by 10am. Then the unpacking began. We got most of the kitchen stuff done but we quickly realized we were going to run out space. I don't know where all this stuff came from but I've been accumulating it for awhile plus all the new stuff we've been getting for our engagement and bridal showers. I wished we had more time to set things up on Sat. It was really hard to leave. I wanted to stay and nest but it's back to Burlington for me.

Reuben had some adventures on his first night sleeping there but I'll let him tell that story!:) I have one and a half weeks of work left and then it's wedding, wedding, wedding. And finally, 4 weeks after we moved in, I will get to move in!!

1 comment:

Reuben said...

i wouldn't quite call it "adventures"