Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 17- 20

DAY 20 without a kitchen. It hasn't felt too long but that's mainly because my mom has graciously provided us with dinner most nights. On Saturday, we tried our hand at bbqing pizza and french fries. They had a slightly smokey flavour (ie. a bit charred):)

On Friday, our friend, Brian came over and helped Reuben wire some things. Then on Saturday, Reuben managed to get the floors spotless of dust and garbage and I managed to give the rest of the house a "thorough going over" (I think that's a quote from Anne of Green Gables but I'm not sure which part).

Reuben's dad arrived this morning and Reuben was up early moving the phone jack and prepping some more. I think there is some drywalling happening today. Also, my brother is helping Reuben to pick up the cabinets from the Ikea warehouse this afternoon. I'm so excited to see all the boxes. Although, I'm not looking forward to having them all in the living room. I think breakfast is going to be interesting tomorrow morning.

I'll keep you posted.
ps. My brave 35-week pregnant sister, Diana, is driving here from Fergus today with her 2 kiddies (Hadassah, age 2 and 9 months and Nethaneil, age 15 months). They are staying the week.

No comments: