Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Winter


This is what I saw out the window when I woke up this morning.



Reuben getting suited up to face the dreadful snowy, wet, cold walk to the bus stop. But he never complains.

I, on the other hand, crawled back into bed as soon as he left. I had such plans to go out today and get some errands done but every bone in my body is not ready to face that dreadful snow and all that comes with it. Most people would see the beauty of the snow shimmering in the treetops but all I can think of is -30 degrees and wind whipping my face such that it feels like it's not there with numbness. And my feet freezing as I skate on the canal behind everyone. I wrote about that last year so I won't bring it up again but that's all I can think of when I see the snow. Ugh! Snow. Every year the experience of winter confirms my suspicions that I was not meant to live in Canada ... I was meant to live on a tropical island.

2 comments:

Jay & Veronica said...

I'm so jealous of all your snow. I love snow!!!! Oh well we're supposed to have a big dumping of it tonight!! I guess I'll just have to wait my turn for the good ol' white stuff:)
Veronica

Laura said...

LOL, I think many Canadians including myself feel the same way!