Monday, August 13, 2007

More Summer Ramblings

We haven't found a house yet, in case anyone is curious. We went through the offer process again on a semi-detached bungalow that needed a lot of work but the seller did not want to accept our offer and then it was sold within the week to someone else who ended up paying $9 000 more than we were willing to spend. sigh! oh well. I wasn't that excited about it anyway. That was about 3 weeks ago and since then we haven't seen anything else on the market that has peeked our interest until last night. We arrived home from our camping trip to Presqu'ile and there was a message on our phone from our real estate agent regarding a house he had seen that matched our profile. So we checked online and found another one. One is in Kanata and one is in Barrhaven. We hope to go and see them this week.

We were camping at Presqu'ile this past weekend with Reuben's family. It was a really nice campground. The water and beach were beautiful! Our campsite was nice, off the beaten track with a comfort station close, but not too close. We had 2 days of beautiful sunshine until the rain swept in on Sunday evening. We ate a dinner of spaghetti in Dad Helder's work van. That was an adventure! Thankfully, it didn't get too cool at night so I was warm and slept well both nights. My only worry was the 2 garter snakes I saw slither across my path ... I am deathly afraid of snakes but Reuben was close by to cling on to so I got through it!:)

This weekend we leave on Thursday evening for Burlington, again. We are attending Julian VanPopta's wedding in Cambridge on Friday. And hopefully, on Saturday, we'll be hanging out with Hadassah (and her parents:) and my parents because it's my dad's birthday and they will be down for the wedding as well.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

No comments: