Thursday, November 16, 2006

Wet Cement

Ok, so does anybody else like the smell of wet cement? I know this sounds really weird but I do like it. . . a lot! I love walking through the tunnel at our church, it's so old and cementy! One of the first times I noticed the smell was walking in the parking garage at Carleton University. I loved the smell as I climbed the stairs. And today, I noticed the smell again as I took my daily walk through the parking garage at the airport.
I tried to google it to see if I was just weird but I found one forum where they were talking about pregnant women and the weird smells that they like. One woman really liked the smell of gasoline!? Now that is crazy!

5 comments:

Jay & Veronica said...

I may be weird but I love the smell of gasoline. But my fave. smell is walking into a car repair shop..... brings back subliminal memories from my childhood I guess....??
Veronica

Anonymous said...

"I found one forum where they were talking about pregnant women and the weird smells that they like"...

should I be reading between the lines ? :) :O)

Bri

Irene said...

i knew someone would think that ... no, do not read between the lines.

Reuben said...

as i have told you before dear, that 'cementy' smell is just damp, mildew infested CONCRETE. Cement is a powder used to make concrete.

Irene said...

darn, i always get it backwards!