Monday, July 24, 2006

Camping Round 2

Bon Echo is a beautiful park. It's about 2.5 hrs from our place. The campsites only take up a third of the actual park and there are 300 of them.

Why is camping considered such a wonderful pastime? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Also, if my husband is so enamored with it does that necessitate that I become enamored as well?

What's the point of bringing modern conveniences to the woods, like trailers, when you are meant to be roughing it?

I find, even in myself, such a contradiction between loving luxury and conveniences and wanting to get away from it all by living in the country and doing things simply.

So, our camping trip. Well, it was fine. Except for having to use the Ladies Room in the middle of the night, 3 times the first night. The weather was beautiful. The scenery was beautiful. Our air mattress didn't deflate, too much. The water was warm. S'mores are yummy but messy. The mosquitos bit and bit and bit forcing us to go just a little bit mad. The food, provided by my mother-in-law was plentiful and good. We had a romantic, early morning canoe on the pristine lake.

I really hate to say this but I am glad I don't have to go again till next year. I just love my creature comforts too much. I love not having to share a bathroom with other people not to mention a gazillion different species of bugs. I love not having to wear bugspray and then hopping in to bed soaked in the stuff. Oh wait ...I promised myself I wouldn't turn this into a rant ...

Sorry, Reuben.

No comments: