Monday, March 03, 2008

Commute #2

So this morning on the commute to work, I was listening to Feist. Wow! She's great! So dynamic and quirky yet easy to listen to. Her songs speak to my heart. Anyway, I was on the train and it's so dreary and rainy outside that when I closed my eyes I was taken back to another train trip. This one was our journey from Zurich to Geneva. It was sooo rainy that day. As we gazed out the window we saw such wonderful landscape. This time it was mountainous hillsides planted with grapevines that dropped down to a lake. Little towns nestled into the hillside and great expanses of farmland. And when we arrived in Geneva, we found this great, bustling city just being drenched in rain. Geneva is at the tip of Lac Leman on the border of France. It's a very multiculteral city compared to Zurich because the United Nations is located there. We splashed around in the fountain outside the UN building. We also visited John Calvin's church and the Reformation Wall.

No comments: